We are looking for volunteers to join our team of fun, passionate, and talented shift leaders!
Beginning March 15th, we will have more open hours at Compost for Brooklyn. We are very excited to offer extended hours, but more hours means we need more volunteers! Below is a description of the shift leader position. If you are interested in signing up, no prior experience is necessary! We can teach you everything you need to know. Just e-mail us at email@example.com.
If you are unable to commit to a regular volunteer schedule, we always welcome drop-in volunteers during open hours!
Shift Leader Responsibilities:
- Attend one volunteer orientation
- Host one shift per month (that’s just 2-3 hours per month!)
- As a shift leader, you’ll greet composters, provide information for interested neighbors, and help maintain our compost heaps.
Currently, our open hours are Thursdays, 3:00 to 5:00 pm, and Sundays, 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Beginning March 15th, they will be Thursdays 4:30 to 6:30 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, and Sundays 1:00 to 4:00 pm. And as more volunteers sign up to host shifts, we’ll try to add more open hours for the summer (!!).
- Free Compost for Brooklyn t-shirt
- Compost for your garden or window plantings
- Getting to know your awesome neighbors
- Diverting thousands of pounds of food scraps from landfills
- Creating black gold that will be used to enliven our city’s soils
- Helping a small community organization grow
- And so much more!